2024-03-28, 12:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Map req2dm3 - the frag pipe TEST  (Read 13451 times)
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #20 on: 2003-09-09, 15:18 »

ooOOoo textures... I'll be needing a whole bunch of strogg and doom textures  Sipgate - Evil

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #21 on: 2003-09-09, 20:01 »

those textures looks awsome Karen! Slipgate - Smile I'll compile a list on what kind of textures i need for my maps. i really appreciate your help, this will make things alot easier Slipgate - Smile

btw i've been doing some serious mapping today q2dm3 is really taking shape, for screens take a look here: http://reboot.quaketheism.org/maps/req2dm3.../req2dm3a02.htm
still in the alpha stages, there's no lightmap and no items.
hopefully i'll have an alpha for testing tomorrow.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #22 on: 2003-09-09, 20:16 »

Great improvements, reb! This is my all time favourite map, and this remake's starting to look mouth watering :]
The geometry in those latest screenshots looks very nice (and very true to the original, aswell), I take it the textures in most of those shots will be worked on, so I won't comment on that.

Can't wait to see this baby in gloomishly red lightmappin' :]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #23 on: 2003-09-09, 20:43 »

hehe well tab it was very close that i killed this map..but as i started to work more on it, it became quite fun to map Slipgate - Smile usually i use lots of curves but this map don't have much of em, also im trying hard to get this maps layout to be as close as possible to the q2 one.
Karen

« Reply #24 on: 2003-09-10, 12:00 »

The placeholder textures in the screenshots is why I sent him some new ones which replace the original map's textures faithfully in the updated Quake 2 engine I use. I'm hoping the brightness and resolution look just as good or better in Q3A (I think the lighting in the Q3A engine is a vast improvement), but I won't know until he replaces them and perhaps does a bit of the lighting.  If they appear washed out or too dark, I can adjust the gamma curve on them.  The Q3A crosshatched floor is 64 x 64 (and looks pixelated), so I sent two crosshatched floor textures (one with a bit more slime, to be used near the slime area).  You are all free to use the textures I sent him (link below) in Quake 2 Gen maps.

If there's a specific Quake 2 map you're working on, I'll do my best to gather appropriate textures for you - just let me know. http://3d.kicks-ass.net/retexture-q2dm3.rar  

I like this map as well, for its design and some of the jumps that can be made in it.  I'm really look forward to seeing it stylised for Generations, while at the same time keeping the classic feel like many of the excellent Quake, Doom, and Castle Wolfenstein maps do.  They bring back memories, and make the maps immediately familar again.

As for the secret room with the Invulnerability/Pentagram powerup, are there any classes that are not able to rocket launch?  I haven't played as an Earth soldier yet - I'll fire it up.  Hmm, looks like he can do that, too - and with the napalm, light up the room from below to flush out campers. Slipgate - Smile

Alright!  ReBoOt's maps are going to rawk!
« Last Edit: 2003-09-10, 12:10 by Karen » Logged
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #25 on: 2003-09-10, 16:53 »

Not only can earth rocket jump, he can SNIPER jump as well. You go higher and take less damage as well Slipgate - Wink
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: