2024-03-29, 10:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: .99f Bug  (Read 7013 times)
General Tso

Unnamed Player

« on: 2009-01-09, 00:33 »

I've noticed many times when I pick up the pentagram invulnerablity power-up with Slipgater that I can still die. Man, I tried to rush bots with my axe in godmode, but then got blasted by a SSG...crud.

Thank you for hard work, guys. It's paying off, and I look forward to kicking some @r$3  Slipgate - Thumbs up!
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2009-01-09, 19:59 »

That's actually not a bug.  The invulnerability is configurable to provide differing degrees of protection depending on server and player preference.  By default for .99f it's set to 66% protection.  This is changing in 1.0 to 100% protection by default, with servers able to reduce as desired.

To enable full invulnerability in .99f, bring down the console (hit the ~ key) and type the following commands:

/seta g_invulnfactor 100
/seta g_invulnsplashfactor 100

That will allow you to pummel bots with impunity.  Just be aware that online servers might have this set differently, so if you grab the powerup keep an eye on your health regardless.

To enable spawn protection, enter the following command:

/seta g_spawnprotect 3

This will give you and any other player, including bots, 3 seconds of complete invulnerability at spawn.  You can use any number of seconds you like, but 3 is a good number and what we usually use in online games.  Again, servers might use a different value but you'll be able to tell once you're playing.  Spawn protection lasts until the timer runs out or you fire a weapon.  Neither invulnerability nor spawn protection will save you from Fog of Death, falling into the void, being crushed by certain moving objects, or telefrags.  You can still be knocked around by explosions as well, but you won't take damage.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
General Tso

Unnamed Player

« Reply #2 on: 2009-01-10, 01:20 »

Phoenix, thank you for clearing that up for me. I just thought it was strange since I'm used to power ups like those in the original games being completely powerful. Thank you also for the config commands.

See you in-game  Doom - Thumbs Up!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: