2024-03-28, 10:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: D2M3 - The Gantlet. (Done.)  (Read 37388 times)
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #80 on: 2004-06-11, 08:35 »

Read the manual. Slipgate - Smile

Anyway... set the minimum players when you start a server.

Or type:
/addbot 'botname' 'skill'

Like...
/addbot Phobos 5
« Last Edit: 2004-06-11, 08:37 by ~SpAwN~ » Logged

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #81 on: 2004-06-11, 14:39 »

I do it the Min Players way myself. Saves all that typing  Slipgate - Wink
« Last Edit: 2004-06-11, 14:40 by scalliano » Logged

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #82 on: 2004-06-12, 06:11 »

I should pay attention to this section of the board more often.  I'll download the final and give it a whirl soon.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
..::WHAT!?

Ogre

« Reply #83 on: 2004-06-12, 09:59 »

Thanks Phoenix, I look forward to that.

@ scalliano & ~SpAwN~, thanks guys... I feel like quite the ass now, but thanks none the less.  Slipgate - Smile~
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #84 on: 2004-06-12, 19:33 »

Well the layout changes are pretty obvious, but I don't think detract from the level.  This falls into the "remix" category as opposed to a straight remake, but it's remixed decently.  Comments:

I have no trouble getting through the door to the BFG with any class.  Just strafejump a bit with Earth and you make it every time with time to spare.  Most of the fighting with bots tends to be in the central areas, which makes it difficult to whore with the BFG since you'll be at half health about 70% of the time you charge into the room.  The central area isn't too BFG friendly for fights as it is (never was in the original either) so that should help cut down on tanked BFG runs.

The "Quad in the crate" is a unique  first, and I like it.  You take a big risk going for those powerups.  Rail is nice and out of the way, and using the teleporter throws you into the thick of the action so it's a bit harder to take up an outside camp/snipe position since you have to run all the way back around.  Very good placement.

The only thing I might have done different would be to narrow the outside passages a bit so there's a bit less room to strafe around, but I see no reason to change that now.  Map flows good, plenty of places to get into fights with varying elevation, tight turns and stairs.  Berserker was a VERY nice touch, and it's neat seeing a chainsaw spawn.

Only one obvious bug I found, and that's a light bleed through.  If you look at the grenade launcher spawn, then turn left into that little nook you can see it on the floor.  Fairly minor.

Very good fun map.  I like it with the music, gives it that old-school feel!

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
..::WHAT!?

Ogre

« Reply #85 on: 2004-06-13, 03:16 »

Thanks a lot Phoenix, thats the first full reveiw I have been able to get for the level.
I am genuinly glad you like it. and I hope it is what you are looking for in the next Generations Arena release.  Slipgate - Wink
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #86 on: 2004-06-13, 04:55 »

I agree with Pho about the powerups in the crates - you're left open to the odd grenade!

(As if nobody can tell, I'm very partial to maps that allow good exploitation of the GL)  Slipgate - Wink
« Last Edit: 2004-06-13, 04:56 by scalliano » Logged

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: