2024-03-28, 21:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Generations status (Been a while)  (Read 15570 times)
Skippy

Dopefish

« on: 2005-08-12, 19:04 »

Hey guys, it's been a while since I posted. I just been looking on the website, and the forums for any recent (realtive) news about the status of Gen. I was wondering what is the status of the mod? Thanks.
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #1 on: 2005-08-12, 19:17 »

Under construction Slipgate - Smile
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2005-08-12, 20:35 »

Games, the next time you post ahead of a team member regarding the mod's status, I'm going to delete your post.

Skippy:  Check my .plan on the Wirehead Studios main page.  Just click the big Wirehead Studios text at the top of this forum to go there.  The .plan list is in the lower part of the left hand page column.
 Slipgate - Smile

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2005-08-12, 23:11 »

Also see this link, if you're interested in the modelling/animation progress..

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #4 on: 2005-08-13, 15:31 »

pho , its a known fact , what else can ya say .

its like the question "when will generations arena be finished ?  "
answer: "when its done"

Slipgate - Smile
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2005-08-13, 19:21 »

True, and while we certainly don't mind enthusiasm, it is polite to let the developers speak for themselves. Slipgate - Smile

Skippy

Dopefish

« Reply #6 on: 2005-08-14, 17:24 »

Thanks for answering guys. It looks as if thing are coming along great. Still, can't wait for version 1. And hopefully resurgence will happen, but I promise not to hold my breath.
Assamite

Hans Grosse

« Reply #7 on: 2005-08-14, 19:58 »

So I take it we aren't gonna see the SFX outlined in your plan? : Slipgate - Shifty
« Last Edit: 2005-08-14, 19:59 by Assamite » Logged
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #8 on: 2005-08-14, 20:43 »

Maybe there should be a sticky thread called "Status of the mod", and Con could say "It'll be done when it's done. Quit asking."

J/K Slipgate - Wink
Skippy

Dopefish

« Reply #9 on: 2005-08-16, 16:00 »

A sticky thread would be great. Every time something was done/added to the mod that was worth mentioning, it could be added.

Don't most people know not to ask for it's release date by now?
« Last Edit: 2005-08-16, 16:02 by Skippy » Logged
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #10 on: 2005-08-16, 17:35 »

That would be an idea worth investigating in my opinion, but I'm not a team member so I can't speak for them.

/edit
nevermind, see Pho's post.  Slipgate - Shifty
« Last Edit: 2005-08-16, 17:38 by Little Washu » Logged

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #11 on: 2005-08-16, 17:37 »

I'm not going to sticky every single change I make in the code.  Think about it - do you want me outlining everything, or actually working on the mod?  I do keep a running list of changes for internal development, and it stays internal for a reason - so I don't get swamped with questions about minor technical details when I could be pushing things forward.  It's also technical shorthand so outside of beta testers and those close to the development, it would raise more questions than it would answer.  You get to see the list of changes when a beta is released, along with some hints about what might be upcoming.  Otherwise, major things we sometimes highlight.  I do that in my .plan, and occasionally we post teaser pics, like when we model and skin new weapons or items.  Some things we'd like to save so you can go "ooh, ahh, wow" when we actually release, and other things can't be shown visibly so you just have to wait and play it.

Assamite:  It would help if I knew what "SFX" stood for in this case.  Does it mean sound effects, special effects, San Francisco Xylophone?  Proper usage of acronyms requires them to be defined on their initial usage within a specific context, otherwise you annoy the reader.
« Last Edit: 2005-08-16, 17:37 by Phoenix » Logged

Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #12 on: 2005-08-16, 19:23 »

That's why I suggested a closed sticky topic that says "it'll be done when it's done. Quit asking." and nothing more
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #13 on: 2005-08-17, 16:57 »

Asking when it will be done, and wondering about how it would be if it would be anywhere soon, is part of the joy of (some of) the fans, aswell as part of the social lubricant applied in internet-mod chatter. I see no reason to flame people in advance for asking?

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #14 on: 2005-08-18, 00:52 »

Aye, I wonder how many people we drove away with the "RTFM" tirades early on in our development, when a simple answer would have been much kinder.  Even if people should RTFM anyway, sometimes "hearing it straight from those who know" provides a much more solid answer, and a more personal touch.  This is why people still talk to priests. Slipgate - Wink

A little courtesy goes a long way, even if the answer isn't going to be what someone wants to hear.  I'll extend that courtesy to anyone who has a genuine question or concern.

Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #15 on: 2005-08-18, 07:20 »

Yes Pho. I remember when the first beta was inching its way for a release, and there would be people posting everyday asking when it would be out, it did get annoying after a while.

Assamite

Hans Grosse

« Reply #16 on: 2005-08-23, 00:47 »

There was only one kind of SFX you mentioned in your plan...  Slipgate - Roll Eyes Well, it's not like you're gonna show anything, so I'll just shut up now.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #17 on: 2005-08-23, 00:51 »

Ahh, in relation to my .plan.  No, not going to show anything off there yet, because the impact models are placeholders right now.  Once we get the real models in place we might show a few teaser shots. Slipgate - Smile

Soul Shaker

« Reply #18 on: 2005-09-06, 10:38 »

I'm still tryn to stick a model in....it's a Q4 gladiator model so yeah...what's with the 'not 100% supported' thing? Does that mean that models will be supported, but not well or what?
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #19 on: 2005-09-06, 14:33 »

It means:
1st - You have to create a file so that the model can be recognized by the mod (for now).
2nd-Only works in LAN games (for now).

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: