2024-03-28, 19:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Doom Items - Some Previews (Doom Items, modelled and skinned :])  (Read 34183 times)
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #20 on: 2003-01-25, 00:14 »

ehhm TAB I just wanned to help ya and tell ya that I already have a
cyberdemon
arch-vile
demon
cacodemon
mancubus
heavy weapon dude.

the models are all finished but they need animations and some of them need skins .

I once got them from dragonspyre who is an exellent modeler (made the imp , arachnatron and revanant .
but since he has a job now he couldnt finish them . so after much asking he gave them to me .
problem is I dont have 3d studio max to complete the models .

anyway if you want to look into it give me a signal and I send it to ya .
(please look into it those models are really great  with lots of detail and still low poly .

anyway have a look at his models on his site .

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cotta...es/dragonspyre/
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #21 on: 2003-01-25, 00:43 »

i KNOW about dragonspyre's stuff. I have seen them and are aware of the models that have been made - with exception of the arch-vile, since that wasn't on his site last time I checked.
I was just telling you that Andy, the modeller I was talking about, is more experienced and more skilled.
Afaik, Angst was working on finishing the skins that needed finishing - Dark-Horizon had done quite a bit of work on that department, before he too got too much work to keep at it.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #22 on: 2003-01-25, 01:27 »

Cool! that's some kick ass models there Tabun! great work
Arno

Cacodemon

« Reply #23 on: 2003-01-25, 01:45 »

Awesome models and skins!
Very doomish looking too, except for the helmet. I wonder how it will look with that glowing green visor.

With such beautifull items, it's almost a shame to pick them up...
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #24 on: 2003-01-25, 02:09 »

That caco skin is being a pain in the ass, but I THINK I've almost got it finished..

I'll at least release the skin once I'm done with that, I don't think I really wanna tackle animating that SOB

*ninjapoofgone*  :ph34r:

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #25 on: 2003-01-25, 02:35 »

Sweet Models. I cnat wait  Slipgate - Wink

Beer? I'm down.
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #26 on: 2003-01-25, 03:38 »

Looks badass, Tab.  That's pretty much all I can say... as usual. Slipgate - Smile

[Edit]: I still friggin LOVE that skull in your sig, Tab. I need one! (especially to freak out my roommates!)
« Last Edit: 2003-01-25, 04:07 by ~SpAwN~ » Logged

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #27 on: 2003-01-25, 11:21 »

eheheh :] - It has a function too:

edit: :] == my smiley, which i prefer not to see mangled by a stupid gif :]
(my sad smiley turns into a bloody bat on MSN)
« Last Edit: 2003-01-25, 16:17 by Tabun » Logged

games keeper

Elite

« Reply #28 on: 2003-01-25, 13:28 »

Quote from: Tabun
:]
tab of all the new smillies you have on this board you have to use one they dont have . its   :unsure: <_<
Daedalus

CyberDemon

« Reply #29 on: 2003-01-25, 19:53 »

http://sentience.b0x.com/shot0040.jpg

I thought this would be the best place to post this

This is my first try at modelling, heh
 Slipgate - Laugh  :lol:

Cool aye?

(You have to refresh after youve clicked the link to see it, my webspace doesnt allow hot linking Slipgate - Smile)
« Last Edit: 2003-01-25, 19:54 by Daedalus » Logged
Parapsyche

Spectre

« Reply #30 on: 2003-01-25, 20:26 »

Hmmmm...hadta re-register...my account got wiped, probably because I don't post as much as everyone else.

Anyway, excellent models, Tab.  Amazing recreations of their Doom counterparts, and I can't wait to see them in the game.

That Arch-Vile'll be nice, too...I always hated fighting them, but they were damn cool monsters.  And what's this I hear about a Cyberdemon model already done?  I've seen the mancubus, revenant, chaingunner, demon, and cacodemon, but not the Cyberdemon (I've feverishly been looking for one, lol).

Anyway, once again, congrats on the great modelling work.
Dicion

Team Member
Makron

« Reply #31 on: 2003-01-25, 22:59 »

Quote from: Parapsyche
Hmmmm...hadta re-register...my account got wiped, probably because I don't post as much as everyone else.

Anyway, excellent models, Tab.  Amazing recreations of their Doom counterparts, and I can't wait to see them in the game.

That Arch-Vile'll be nice, too...I always hated fighting them, but they were damn cool monsters.  And what's this I hear about a Cyberdemon model already done?  I've seen the mancubus, revenant, chaingunner, demon, and cacodemon, but not the Cyberdemon (I've feverishly been looking for one, lol).

Anyway, once again, congrats on the great modelling work.
Anyway, excellent models, Tab.  Amazing recreations of their Doom counterparts, and I can't wait to see them in the game.

Agreed, quite great Slipgate - Smile

Yep, but I've restored your postcount for ya Slipgate - Smile
Atom235

Pain Elemental

« Reply #32 on: 2003-01-26, 12:23 »

I had to re-reg, too. I did it with a slightly different name, though. a lot of ppl know me only as Atom235.

As for the models, they look GREAT, especially if the armor bonus get's his green glowing eyes back (if that's possible by shaders or smthing, I don't know much about Q3 engine shaders).

Parapsyche: I've heard gossip about Cyber, too. I think I saw a pic of it in the IRC, I'm not sure though... maybe I was dreaming Slipgate - Laugh
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #33 on: 2003-01-26, 13:28 »

dont think you saw it atom . because Im the only one who got the models from dragonspyre.
but I sended them to warden and pho. I also thought I sended it to lee not sure I really wanna know what they did with it.
Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #34 on: 2003-01-27, 02:15 »

I hope it's as mean and ugly as the old one. The sprite based cyberdemon was a real badass. It was big, ugly, and intimidating. Some of the newer big monsters were just sortof there, not really demanding the attention that thing did. The shamblers were big and powerful, but they seemed too funny to be intimidating. The tanks and tank commanders of Quake2 were just big lumbering bricks. They looked like a big stove that shot bottle rockets and they were funny when they died too.  Anyway, is anybody working on that other stuff? The Quake1 fiend ought to be good when it gets finished.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #35 on: 2003-01-27, 02:36 »

I agree on the tanks, but the shambler scared the shit out of me back then :]

Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #36 on: 2003-01-27, 03:05 »

Well, you've got this thing with teeth and claws in your face, and it's like twice your size.. It was pretty scary, but not half as bad as that first sight of the cyber.. Considering I opened the door and THERE THE SONOFABITCH WAS! At any rate, more models that might need skins are good, I should be finishing up the caco as soon as I can find those files again...

3 hd's all former boot partitions, it's in here SOMEWHERE... I hope... :unsure:

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #37 on: 2003-01-27, 03:34 »

lol, whats a shambler look like?
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #38 on: 2003-01-27, 04:31 »

Quote from: Lilazzkicker
lol, whats a shambler look like?
OK Lil, I know you're just sporking with me here... :o
Parapsyche

Spectre

« Reply #39 on: 2003-01-27, 06:20 »

Man, i remember that one level in Quake where the Shambler comes outta the dark gate at the end.  You open it, and you think you're all clear, but WHAM!  Claws in the face.  Scared the crap outta me.  Actually...I think Vores scared me the most.  Their sounds were freaky, and the things the threw at you seemed to ALWAYS find you, even if ya hid behind a corner.

The Cyberdemon was always so cool.  The Doom 64 variation was better than the original, however.  It was about three times as tall as you, where the one in original Doom was only about twice your size.  Cyberdemon = most widely known enemy from Doom, I think.  It's always the first one that comes to mind when I hear the word Doom.

By the way, thanks for restoring my postcount.  Now I don't hafta post like mad to get it back up, lol.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: