2024-03-28, 20:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Doom Items - Some Previews (Doom Items, modelled and skinned :])  (Read 34190 times)
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #40 on: 2003-01-27, 13:51 »

Not for me tho, the monsters that i think of when you say DooM are the imps (immediately hearing that sound when they roam) and barons of hell - in that order.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
pepe

Shambler

« Reply #41 on: 2003-01-27, 15:38 »

im have to agree with tab

could be because i only had the demo of doom for a long time and theres no cyberdeamon in there

and then we have piggy the pink demon
Daedalus

CyberDemon

« Reply #42 on: 2003-01-27, 17:31 »

my most remembered doom mobs: invis pinky demon and the heavy chaingunners

heh, i played gauntlet alot as you can see
Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #43 on: 2003-01-27, 22:34 »

Somehow I always think of the horned devils first. Cyberdemons, Barons, and pink demons in that order. I think the cyberdemon was so impressive because it's big, it's ugly as hell, and it's feet make that intimidating clunk as it walks. When you hear that, you know something BIG is close by. The shambler is scary up close with those big teeth right in front of you, and no eyes visible. At a distance though it looks like a big fat white mole that walks really funny. Somebody ought to make an extra model of one with a cone-shaped party hat on it's head. One of those things with big polka-dots all over it. If you can see a shambler from many yards away, especially from slightly overhead and head on, you might see what I mean. Also shamblers aren't that tough when they can't shoot lightning at you. A pair of knights killed one once with their swords. Anytime two of something can beat on a shambler continuously it's enough to overpower one. What happens is the big oaf will turn to swat the first guy that chopped him as the other gets in his hit. The shambler will wince from the second hit, turn to hit guy #2 and get chopped in the side by the first guy. If you do it right with your helper, the shambler never gets in one scratch.
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #44 on: 2003-01-27, 23:20 »

Holy buckets  :o  exellent work!
I am personally afraid of the spider mastermind, when it sees me I feel like a stupid usless red head step child.
« Last Edit: 2003-01-27, 23:24 by -=-Little Washu-=- » Logged

Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #45 on: 2003-01-27, 23:59 »

My most remembered Doom enemies were the Arachnatron and Mancubus... as you can see, Dead Simple was my favorite Doom2 single player map. Come up from the elevator, and BAM... 5 or so Mancs. As if that isn't enough, you kill the Mancs and BAM again, like 15+ Arachnatrons! WICKED level, man. :)

Arachnatrons and Mancs also happen to be my favorite Doom enemies... Arachs taught me how to circle strafe properly and had a cool death sound/sequence. Mancs had a cool death and were just... different. :)

As for Quake... that first Fiend scared the bijeezus outta me. Jumped like a foot out of the chair when it leaped at me. Shamblers weren't bad, and the same goes for Vores. Those 3 were all good, but my favorite Q1 enemy was the Enforcer... don't ask, I have no clue. They were just cool. :)
« Last Edit: 2003-01-28, 00:01 by ~SpAwN~ » Logged

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #46 on: 2003-01-28, 04:14 »

I seem to like the zombies and trooprs catagory.  Doom - Huh?

dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #47 on: 2003-01-28, 17:39 »

When you say Doom I think Pinkies and Lost Souls...
Dr. Jones

Team Member
Tank Commander

« Reply #48 on: 2003-01-28, 20:59 »

yes lost souls were a bitch, but the first time i encountered the cyberdemon (or he encountered me), i'd had my pitiful little labtec speakers up almost full volume, and when he roared at me i almost had to change my underwear....
Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #49 on: 2003-01-28, 23:01 »

Use hit and run methods on the big spider. Use rockets, bfg, or plasmarifle to inflict some serious damage quick then duck behind a corner. Repeat until it turns to mush. I don't know anything for lost souls. I hate those damn things. Just keep a shotgun loaded and ready and fire when they get close. I once drew a map on paper called claypidgeon and my cousin made it with DEU. His early rendition was junk because he filled it with archviles and barons. I edited with DEEP and it was great. When you run out into the main big room everything lights up with assorted gunfire. If you keep running you can get the monsters shooting each other. I wish they could find the floppy it was on. Maybe I can replicate the map on GTKRadiant for quake3. Slipgate - Laugh
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #50 on: 2003-01-29, 02:21 »

Lost souls were fun, wait for them to pause right before attacking, line up the pistol shot, hit 'em when they charge.. They'd float back helpless until they hit something Slipgate - Tongue

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #51 on: 2003-01-29, 07:51 »

Slipgate - Roll Eyes Serious, i dunno what a shambler looks like, never played Q1, though con showed me once, cant remember the shambler...
IEEE1394

Pinky

« Reply #52 on: 2003-01-29, 16:36 »

A shambler looks lika a big snowmonster that shoots lightning. Or something like that.
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #53 on: 2003-01-29, 16:40 »

It's a huge white monster with blood stained claws, feet, and teeth. Oh, and it's entire head is nothing more than a mouth with a strong pair of jaws and sharp teeth. Not to mention the fact that it shoots electric at you Slipgate - Sad
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #54 on: 2003-01-29, 18:18 »

hehe, THIS is a shambler.
Hyper's version of it, anyway ;]
« Last Edit: 2003-01-29, 18:19 by Tabun » Logged

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #55 on: 2003-01-29, 18:31 »

Quote from: Tabun
hehe, THIS is a shambler.
Hyper's version of it, anyway ;]
Oh, that looks sweet...
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #56 on: 2003-01-29, 19:04 »

hah... that's an awesome picture/model. I remember seeing it posted up on the Quake Remodelling Project's page a while back. :)

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #57 on: 2003-01-29, 20:59 »

YAY! WHOOO! YIPPEE!

Someone's modeled a shambler!

/me hugs the shambler

'Tis nothing but a big teddy bear anyway
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #58 on: 2003-01-29, 21:20 »

Suddenly, I like the Quake Minion Class a lot more now  Slipgate - Laugh  :lol:  :blink:
Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #59 on: 2003-01-29, 22:16 »

It looks pretty good but the head is a little small and the teeth are pretty square and human-like. The original id shambler had big sharp carrot teeth, just big stained triangles more or less. It's head was just a big pointed lump but I guess this one's an improvement. Also the pistol method is OK on lost souls but not if there's a bunch of'em. Use something that can hold the whole bunch of them still like the plasma gun. I always hated them anyway. For best results on dead simple, leave one fat slob alive until you've got enough ammo to take on the spiders. When you're ready, kill the last slug and then head for the nearest door coming down. Nail the spiders in front of you as quick as you can and get out into the outer ring of the map. Go in a circle blasting each spider that gets in front of you.

Is anybody working on wolfenstein nazi's? Somebody should at least put the blue SS officers in Resurgence. They were in wolfenstein AND doom2, so at least earth and doom would've encountered them.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: