2024-04-27, 15:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Model and Texture Theft (Knew it Would Happen Eventually)  (Read 27560 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #60 on: 2004-01-16, 01:47 »

I just scanned through all the pages of stuff Ooppie had submitted.  All the Wirehead and nearly all of the Id Software material has been taken down.  The only thing left that falls in our domain is the nailgun model, but CQA actually did that model, not Wirehead.  We used it with their permission and reskinned it.  That Ooppie person still has a lot of illegal crap up there but he removed what we asked him to.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #61 on: 2004-01-16, 05:01 »

Really?  It looked to me like some of these were Wireheads'.    But I didn't d/l them, so who knows?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #62 on: 2004-01-16, 06:12 »

That's our BFG9000 alright.  This is from a different site than the one I looked at.  My model program won't read the format in these files, but I'll look into it. Thanks dna!

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #63 on: 2004-01-17, 06:50 »

The offending site has been removed by Angelfire.

OoPpEe

Spectre

« Reply #64 on: 2004-01-18, 06:24 »

Quote from: Phoenix
The only thing left that falls in our domain is the nailgun model
Thank you for pointing that out, did not see it when this issue came up earlier. Currently right now a new version of the pack is being added without that nailgun model.

As for the Angelfire site, the admin gave me their user/pass. I removed the section. I completly forgot about that site, it was there I had my first files/customizations. When I found Custom-TFC I ditched that site.

I have only submitted files to 3 sites, Custom-TFC, that Angelfire site, and my own site.
Currently Custom-TFC is the only site which hosts files I have submitted. If they are found elsewhere, they were "leeched" from Custom-TFC, not submitted by me.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #65 on: 2004-01-18, 06:34 »

We had been under the impression the angelfire site was new and had been put up after the TFC material was removed.  Thank you for coming forward on this and clearing that up.

OoPpEe

Spectre

« Reply #66 on: 2004-01-18, 07:26 »

Quote from: ty50n
However he only partially removed them,  some of the stolen material (2 bfg's and a doom plasma rifle) can be found

here
And if you were to check the main page of that site you would notice that the last update of that site was back in April 2002. In which was before I became a user let alone an admin of that site (I removed my admin status there earlier this year).
OoPpEe

Spectre

« Reply #67 on: 2004-01-18, 07:34 »

Quote from: ty50n
Thats exactly what I told him, and everytime I confront him about any of this all of his lackies stand up for him. Credit is only good if permission was given in the first place, and lets face it ooppee is a dishonest thief. I mean he doesnt even have the balls to talk it out strait with me and I doubt he'll comply with wirehead due to the fact that hes no longer admin of C-TFC and they were the original ones who made him remove your models... So legal action, if possible may need to be taken against him. I wouldnt post anything on c-tfc boards because I dont think they're bound to be helpful either....
You have never emailed me, contacted me on MSN, Irc or ICQ. You know if you post on the C-TFC boards it will only turn into a flamefest. If you truely wanted to deal things with me, do it in private. LeeMon sent me an email, I would of never of known about the angelfire site unless he emailed me.
I don't have the balls? Ok there... we never talk so what is there to straighten out?
As for doubt with me compling with WireHead, wrong again there, day I got the email, exact same day I removed the files. Today I even removed more content from Custom-TFC and edited that model pack so no WireHead content is in there. So quit assuming.
As for the other admins on the site making me remove the content, was only Teq. He also never forced it upon us, him and I were equal powered admins during the time this came up. He runs the server, that is all. I ran every other aspect of the site. Was I forced to remove the files? No, the admins below me didn't want me to remove the files either. I did regardless. So again, quit assuming.

reason for me making this public and not an email is because you did it yourself. That angelfire site you never approached me about.
OoPpEe

Spectre

« Reply #68 on: 2004-01-18, 07:36 »

Quote from: Phoenix
We had been under the impression the angelfire site was new and had been put up after the TFC material was removed.  Thank you for coming forward on this and clearing that up.
Understandable because only the direct link to the files was given, not the index files which shows the last update was back in April '02.
No problem. If you do find any more WireHead content on Custom-TFC tell me and I will remove it (I am no longer an admin there, but ]LoRE[ has given me permission to use his account in emergency cases).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: