2024-04-16, 07:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum games still alive?  (Read 26583 times)
Jaq

Shambler

« on: 2009-02-28, 17:45 »

Hi guys,

Last time I was here was um... 2004 maybe? I managed to change time zones since then.
After playing around with Quake Live I remembered the fun with Generations Arena.

Do you still play forum games? I've been checking the servers out every now and then but all I see
are three bots running around on the euro server.

Would be great to frag a bit in good company again.
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #1 on: 2009-02-28, 23:04 »

I believe there are still forum games managed, thought due to my work i rarly have the time to attend them to myself Slipgate - Sad
« Last Edit: 2009-02-28, 23:09 by ReBoOt » Logged
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2009-02-28, 23:23 »

The schedule has not changed, but player participation has been low lately.  I've been fairly busy myself, and I've been trying to spend a bit more time developing for Gen and less time playing .99f, so I may or may not drop in to play depending on what I'm doing.  Usually if I drop in it will be closer to 10 to 11 PM.  It's hit or miss on who might show up, but here's the schedule as of right now:

Euro Forum Game:  9 pm CET (3 PM Eastern US)
US Forum Game:  9 pm Eastern (3 AM CET)

We had three servers running for a while, but Fourier has been working on changing hosts so any US games will have to take place on my server for the time being.  I have three bots running around on my own Generations server to provide company until people drop in to play.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Jaq

Shambler

« Reply #3 on: 2009-03-01, 05:47 »

Glad to to see you're still around!

So the times would translate to... noon and 6 PM in PST.
I'll try to drop by for the Euro game tomorrow and bring a friend along.

Also, let me know if you need any help with audio production for Generations.
I have a Pro Tools rig and would be glad to contribute.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2009-03-01, 07:35 »

Whoops, I left out an important detail.  The times listed are for Saturdays.  That's no reason some of our Euro gamers couldn't drop by Sunday for a game.  Scal, Kingu, Alucard, Tab... care to give Jaq some company?  Slipgate - Wink

Kingu

Archvile

« Reply #5 on: 2009-03-01, 16:34 »

It would be nice to play on euro with someone again.
fourier

Hans Grosse

« Reply #6 on: 2009-03-01, 19:49 »

I just don't have time for quake or much else these days, nor do I have the extra 20+ to throw at a server for the time being.  I know that might seem stingy, but for the time being I'm trying not to spend even a dollar on something that isn't a necessity.  Things will probably change, but since I said I'd have an update in month, I figured I'd give an update.
Jaq

Shambler

« Reply #7 on: 2009-03-02, 04:01 »

We were there, trying to play some 1 on 1.

Trying, as we both got high pings on the Euro server (~190 from Poland, ~270 from US).
I hope the US server will work better for us on Saturday.

See you there!

Oh, PS.
I'm having some sound problems on Gen only. Base Q3 is fine but Generations has all sounds at high speed and high pitch, as if the sample rate was mismatched or something. I tried changing between 11 and 22Khz but no luck. Any tips on that one?
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #8 on: 2009-03-02, 13:52 »

Hmm, give a shout out the next time someone wants to play Gens on the Euro server again. I haven't played in ages and it would probably be fun to give it a shot again. I wonder if I can still hit anything..

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #9 on: 2009-03-03, 01:47 »

If nothing grabs my time, I can try to drop by the Euro server this Saturday as well.  Regarding the sound.... that's the first time I've heard of this.  All our sounds use standard .wav formatting.  What sound hardware do you have?

Jaq

Shambler

« Reply #10 on: 2009-03-03, 01:49 »

It's an iMac, so it has an AC97 codec or something.
I don't have this issue with Q3 or RTCW. I'll try dumping their sound configs and compare Gen's settings
but other than that I'm not sure what else this could be.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #11 on: 2009-03-03, 02:53 »

Hmm... interesting.  If it continues, see if you could find out what sounds it's doing it on.  There's a cvar called s_show which will print sound information as sounds are played, so if it's a shotgun blast, or a rocket explosion, etc, you can see the name of the sound file.  If it's a formatting issue we can check it out from there, say, if it's happening specifically on sounds recorded at 11 KHz or 22Khz, etc, once we know a few specific sounds to check out.  Let me know what happens with the .config comparison first.  If it's just a cvar that's out of whack that would be the quickest way to find out.

Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #12 on: 2009-03-03, 03:57 »

I'll be sure to drop by the server on Saturday if I'm not working.

Jaq

Shambler

« Reply #13 on: 2009-03-03, 06:48 »

Ah, got it!
The sound issue was actually present, I just didn't notice it since I didn't go past the menu in vanilla Q3.
Anyway, it's a OSX issue. The audio device was locked on 48kHz and simply changing that to 44 in the "Audio MIDI setup" fixed all sound problems.
Kingu

Archvile

« Reply #14 on: 2009-03-03, 16:55 »

We were there, trying to play some 1 on 1.

Trying, as we both got high pings on the Euro server (~190 from Poland, ~270 from US).
I hope the US server will work better for us on Saturday.
With whom from Pol you were playng?

Well i had time that day to play, but forgot it up to two hours too late. Sipgate - Evil
Jaq

Shambler

« Reply #15 on: 2009-03-03, 17:01 »

'Ashen-Shugar'. We're both from Warsaw, just as you are, seeing from your profile.
Looks like we might have quite a few people playing on Saturday. Looking forward to that.

Pozdrawiam!
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #16 on: 2009-03-03, 18:43 »

Well since i have saturday off i might show up aswell, thought im very rusty at playing gen Slipgate - Smile
Kingu

Archvile

« Reply #17 on: 2009-03-06, 15:10 »

'Ashen-Shugar'. We're both from Warsaw, just as you are, seeing from your profile.
Looks like we might have quite a few people playing on Saturday. Looking forward to that.

Pozdrawiam!
Then hope to see you all tomorow on the game.  Slipgate - Smile

Też pozdrawiam d;
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #18 on: 2009-03-07, 00:51 »

I'm going to do my best to get some Euro frags in tomorrow.  If I can remember to do so I'll try to get some demos if we get a bunch of players.  Doom - Love

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #19 on: 2009-03-08, 04:00 »

Ashen and Jaq both had connection problems, and nobody else showed up except for Kingu and myself.  We played some 1 on 1 games for about two hours and had a blast falling into the void over and over.  Boot, Tab, Alucard... everyone else, we missed you guys, and you missed some fun!

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: