2024-03-19, 11:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Generations arena wishlist  (Read 91909 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #20 on: 2011-08-24, 10:39 »

Laser trip mines would be easy to code.  It would be thrown like a grenade and attach to any solid surface.  It would just save the surface normal as a "forward" vector and run a trace every server frame along that line with the MASK_SHOT clip mask.  If the trace clips something that can take damage (a player usually) then it spawns an explosion at the origin point of the trip mine entity.  Basically it would be a Q3 prox mine with a linear trace function for a think function instead of a radius scan.  Probably take less than an hour to code that since the functions are already present in one form or another.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« Reply #21 on: 2011-08-24, 22:25 »

true,if phoenix says it its gotta be easy noob work Slipgate - Smile

Arnie

Shambler

« Reply #22 on: 2011-08-25, 18:53 »

Hmm, Phoenix was kind enough to send me some code for lasers (thanks again) and I'm pretty sure noobs would struggle with it. If Phoneix was holding your hand you might make it work lol...

Will everybody stop getting shot.......
J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« Reply #23 on: 2011-08-25, 22:30 »

Slipgate - WTF LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkfVdrtLcRs&feature=related

~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

Do These Fangs Make My Butt Look Big?

« Reply #24 on: 2011-08-25, 23:56 »

Laser trip mines would be easy to code.

There you have it, the official announcement that Generations Arena will feature laser trip mines in future version! Slipgate - Tongue Slipgate - Tongue Slipgate - Tongue
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #25 on: 2011-08-26, 00:58 »

Yes. It will also feature a new class: Braid. You don't get weapons, but you can change and reverse the time(scale) of any game.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« Reply #26 on: 2011-08-26, 01:18 »

lol what? is it even possible in multiplayer?  Slipgate - Shifty

ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #27 on: 2011-08-26, 09:25 »

Generationz ztyle shoot lazers from your eyez!
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #28 on: 2011-08-26, 12:26 »

Yeah, forget "Bullet Time", Gen will have "Laser Time"!  Sure, it may take three hours to actually move a single step, but just think of the cool factor of being about to plan your attack, order pizza, take in a movie, download some furr... er, "artistic nudes", shop on eBay, then come back and have the enemy right in your sights!  It'll stand the industry on its head I tell you!  Slipgate - Smirk

FistMarine

« Reply #29 on: 2011-08-26, 15:42 »

Hahahahah, thats funny! Slipgate - Laugh I have also been thinking of Microwave Expander, the new weapon in Atomic Edition. I wonder how will work in Generations, I imagine how the players will grow and explode when they get killed by that weapon.
fourier

Hans Grosse

« Reply #30 on: 2011-08-26, 19:05 »

Talking about potential new weapons and classes, what about painkiller, the spiritual successor to Q1?  I loved the weapons in that.  Stake-nades, eletrified shurikens, and of course the painkiller itself.  Without the code, it would be difficult to create a simulation of those weapons in Q3, though. Slipgate - Tongue
J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« Reply #31 on: 2011-08-26, 22:37 »

lol go crazy this is a public wishlist so to hell with limitations.....for now Slipgate - Exhausted.phoenix should do most wanted ones Slipgate - Thumbs up!

J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« Reply #32 on: 2011-08-26, 22:46 »

Here's another simpler gametype tactical dm or ctf.
It could take place in big maps with lots of players. two teams would normally spawn with a twist, your team has limited lives,(if a player dies they will lose a life and has to use another)and will have to eliminate the other teams lives until they lose,ammo will be limited and health is scarce.
For this it would be freakin' awesome if you could jump out of airplanes for an attacking/reinforcements team and also classes within classes(a strogg trooper assault guy,he would have some grenades and a mg,or an earth soldier demolition guy would have mortar and grenades)i dont know i keep coming up with cool ideas so... yeah Slipgate - Thumbs up! Slipgate - Cool Doom - Thumbs Up!

FistMarine

« Reply #33 on: 2011-08-27, 08:25 »

I am only wanting Duke Nukem class as an addon because it may be easy to create. It also has a model created by someone that looks like Sarge so you don't need to create one, I don't remember the download link and I am not sure for other classes but Duke could be easy created, this is just my idea. Also for those who don't know what Atomic Edition is, it's the official addon of Duke Nukem 3D that adds an 4th episode (containing new monsters, new weapon: Microwave Expander and fixes many bugs that were present in original version of Duke 3D)
Of course that the Duke class would be in a separate pk3, it doesn't need to be included dirrectly in mod.
This is my only wish, I can't think of something else. Slipgate - Roll Eyes
Arnie

Shambler

« Reply #34 on: 2011-08-27, 18:09 »

I thought "Plutonium Edition" was the official addon for Duke3d v1.3. The Atomic Edition was a stand alone game was it not?

J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« Reply #35 on: 2011-08-28, 03:46 »

I believe the atomic edition is the special edition of duke 3D Doom - Thumbs Up!

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #36 on: 2011-08-28, 03:54 »

Plutonium Pack was an expansion episode for Duke 3D.  Atomic Edition I believe included this, plus had the most recently patched version of the game.  I have the Kill-A-Ton collection, which has Atomic, plus Duke It Out in DC, as well as a whole bunch of extras, like level guide, Duke 1 and 2 (the old side-scrollers), Duke! Zone, etc.

J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« Reply #37 on: 2011-08-28, 04:09 »

A food way to make money is selling model packs (top notch models) or maps even generations reskins maybe it could work

J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« Reply #38 on: 2011-08-28, 15:40 »

i meant good way Doom - Thumbs Up!

Arnie

Shambler

« Reply #39 on: 2011-08-28, 18:33 »

I'm flad you said that. All that mention of good has made me hungry. Slipgate - Smile

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: