2024-04-19, 07:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Doom Items - III (Better Pimpin')  (Read 25339 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #20 on: 2003-02-09, 08:07 »

On that note, Tab's work inspired me, so I decided to go back and remodel the Doom weapons to match the new style as well.  I think these look much better, what do you think?

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
OoBeY

Hans Grosse

« Reply #21 on: 2003-02-09, 08:09 »

Wow, phoenix, impressive! I feel like I'm actually playing the game itself!
Atom235

Pain Elemental

« Reply #22 on: 2003-02-09, 12:38 »

Pho and Tab... you are so true to the originals that I can't say a word... Slipgate - Wink
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #23 on: 2003-02-09, 16:37 »

See? Phoenix can skin too :]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #24 on: 2003-02-09, 19:51 »

lol!, beautimus Slipgate - Tongue  Idiot

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
OoBeY

Hans Grosse

« Reply #25 on: 2003-02-10, 01:11 »

For those of you can't wait, here's a preview shot of the new models in game!

dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #26 on: 2003-02-10, 03:39 »

Wow, deja vu!
Devlar

Makron

« Reply #27 on: 2003-02-10, 04:22 »

Now just add some shaders to the cell boxes and make the lights pulsate Slipgate - Laugh
EDIT - I ment that in the ways of large animated gifs to show us
« Last Edit: 2003-02-10, 04:37 by Devlar » Logged
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #28 on: 2003-02-10, 09:29 »

I'm sorry Devlar, we're trying to stay true to the originals, so they won't pulsate at all ;]

Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #29 on: 2003-02-10, 18:04 »

ok then... so like Doom will be able to water walk? Oh yea, and not look up and down! Guess that means Earth will lose the rifle as well... what a shame. :/

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #30 on: 2003-02-10, 19:36 »

earth will not only lose the rifle, flamer & mortar, but it will also be impossible to walk down or up any steps at all. We feel that this should make the game even more balanced than before!

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #31 on: 2003-02-11, 16:02 »

Angst: here's another job for ya.. lemme know how the clip and food are coming along  too alright?

« Last Edit: 2003-02-11, 16:03 by Tabun » Logged

dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #32 on: 2003-02-11, 16:12 »

Mmm, turkey  Thumbs up!
Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #33 on: 2003-02-11, 20:30 »

Do I detect wiseasses here? Who thought up this bullshit anyway? Yes it's all the old original stuff, and it sucks as bad as the old MSDOS graphics did back then. It's OK to be nostalgic but let's not bring back the crap that made the old stuff junk. I'm sure the guys at id would rather see the old stuff brought up to date than to see all it's limitations back in force.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #34 on: 2003-02-11, 21:18 »

I'm sure you can appreciate a little joke every now and then in real life, vadertime :] - loosen up old chap!

Hollowpoint

Shambler

« Reply #35 on: 2003-02-11, 22:10 »

Will the earth food disappear off the plate, like in RTCW, or will the plate be eaten as well?

Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #36 on: 2003-02-12, 00:17 »

I thought something looked funny. I can't believe anybody would go back to primitive, murky-goldfishbowl graphics just to be sentimental. I had an idea though, since quake3 arena has a Simple-Items mode, you could use those old pixelated sprites for the simple items. Neat idea huh? Please don't take out the Earth soldier stuff. I KNOW you had to be joking there. Sure the OLD wolfenstein didn't have mortars flamethrowers or sniper rifles, but who would want to give up the ability to BARBEQUE SOMEONE'S ASS. Even though that old game didn't have that stuff, GI's in the European theater sure did. The plate of food didn't look too bad but when I saw those pitiful blurrry screenshots it was just too scary. Also, I've noticed a possible problem. When my brother and I try to play Generations at home through our network cable, the past 4 or 5 times he couldn't connect to my server. It would try to connect on his computer and lock up or something while my screen would be fine. Could it just be his older machine with the voodoo2 card or could it be the BNC cable we use. Regular Quake3 Arena works fine. Any ideas? Slipgate - Smile
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #37 on: 2003-02-12, 01:17 »

Exactly :]

Vader: please take the server connect / lockup thing to either the bug or the offtopic forum (if it is not a bug, but just a network prob) - I'm going to see to it a bit sharper that people stay at least on the general topic of generations items (even if we're joking Slipgate - Smile)
Anyone else, If you have a tip for vader, pray do not post it here, but in the offtopic forum too - thank you kindly ;]

Hollow: J.B. is a collector of fine german art (as I'm sure you know, considering how you were looting all those castles in Wolf3D!) - and this happens to be a very very fine german porcelain (kobayashi, anyone?) plate indeed. Needless to say, you'll pick up the plate, eat the food, and stash the plate away to keep as a souvenir :]
« Last Edit: 2003-02-12, 01:17 by Tabun » Logged

Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #38 on: 2003-02-12, 06:43 »

Ok but you didn't say if you liked my idea or not. The old Doom sprites used for simple item mode. I read on one of these threads that somebody was working on the cacodemon. Any progress on that? It shouldn't be as hard to make as most of the others since it's a big tomato with horns and a mouth. I hope somebody puts a lot of care and effort into the pink demons. I always liked pinky.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #39 on: 2003-02-12, 13:55 »

Ah, sorry, yes, I didn't quite take it seriously either.
If we'd use sprites for items, why not for weapons? why not turn off the lightmap lighting? remove curves from the map? make doom walk on water? (etc etc etc) - We've drawn a line at getting the characters to FEEL like in their original game-homes, but not look exactly like them.
For Earth the former is a bit tougher, since he's got a new arsenal too, so think of it as a wolf3d/rtcw mix for that matter.

Also, the Cacodeamon is not a tomato, but a big somewhat rounded floating.. facelike.. deamon thingy :] - with a damn impressively detailed skin so far (I don't know if it's animated or not yet, but that's a whole different matter entirely, and would take a huge amount of work too), pinky has about the same status as the caco, last I heard. Note: visit this site to see the bastards.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: