2024-03-28, 16:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Doom Items - III (Better Pimpin')  (Read 23177 times)
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #40 on: 2003-02-12, 20:13 »

tab are you sure the cacodemon is not a tomato cause im still in doubt .

I once saw a movie with killertomatoes ( dont know name anymore)
it had even ninja tomatoes in it Slipgate - Laugh
hmmm killing tomatoes Thumbs up!
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #41 on: 2003-02-12, 20:33 »

I have several action figures from the Killer Tomato cartoon series... I also have a few loose screws (tomato toys, what was I thinking?!) Idiot
« Last Edit: 2003-02-12, 20:35 by dev/null » Logged
Daedalus

CyberDemon

« Reply #42 on: 2003-02-12, 20:49 »

I cant see the cacodemon on dragonspyres site... someone wanna poke me in the right direction?  Fainting
Hollowpoint

Shambler

« Reply #43 on: 2003-02-12, 22:46 »

Um, as far as I know the cacodemon is not on that site.  The demon, chaingunner, imp, revenant, arachnotron, and mancubus are though.  I think the Pain Elemental looks better than the cacodemon.
Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #44 on: 2003-02-13, 22:01 »

Whoa, I didn't mean replace every damn thing with sprites. On quake 3 arena there's a game option that switches the spinning models with simple stationery sprites for people with slower older machines. That's all I meant but I sure as hell didn't mean turning generations into sprite based mush. Nevermind then, it was just a rambling thought. Granted the cacodemons have a lumpy knobby texture a lots of horns but they're still round and red. I meant the model not the skin. I'm sure putting that lumpy, rubbery texture on the model will be no picnic. I saw the demon on dragonspyre. It looked good but I remeber they're eyes glowing with a bright light. I guess it won't matter, they never sat still anyway. I've always thought they'd be cooler and scarier if they could jump. Imagine if they could reach up and grab someone's ankle on a ledge just like on the doom box. Too complicated I'm sure, and now I seem to be rambling. I'd best quit while I'm ahead.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #45 on: 2003-02-13, 23:24 »

I realized you didn't mean it, but my exaggeration was just added to make a point - namely, that we won't be doing anything sprite-like in gen ;]
Not that I personally dislike the idea - it's just not for gen. What we could do however, is fix up some sprites, so that the people playing with said simpleitems option would be looking at something other than the default q3a sprites. But that's a matter for v.1 methinks ;]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #46 on: 2003-02-14, 06:29 »

Well, the simple-items mode right now DOES have sprites, it uses the weapon icons shown in the HUD when you switch weapons.  What we intend to do once all of the weapons are in a finished state is take uniform screenshots of each weapon in profile and use those as the HUD and simple items sprites.  We CANNOT use the original Doom sprites any more than we could use the original Quake 2 ammo boxes because that's a fox waiting to happen.  Besides, taking screens of our own weapons will make them higher-res anyway. Idiot

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #47 on: 2003-02-14, 09:17 »

yeah, i wasn't proposing to use the originals, but indeed, renders of our versions -> sprites :]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Chilvence

Ogre

« Reply #48 on: 2003-02-17, 01:25 »

The Jdoom model pack has spheres with all the polys facing inwards. in the middle is a head or eyeball. They always face the camera for rendering.
Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #49 on: 2003-02-19, 00:22 »

Forget I ever brought up simple items. Now, back to the doom bassturds. I saw the ones on Dragonspyre's site. I even tried to download the pinky model but there was no way to download it. I just installed Doom collectors edition on my new 30gb harddisk and saw first-hand the shit that sucked in it when it was new. It's especially bad in Doom2 with those tall, towering levels that are too tall to fit on one screen. It's amazing the difference it makes to be able to look up and down, not to mention duck, jump, and swim. When Resurgence comes out will the monsters have any new tricks or will they be just like they were? I'd like to see some new post-dos era tricks. In your opinion, which is better, a pinky with bright, glowing eyes or two cavernous black ones? The one on Dragonspyre has two dark,  black eyes set far back in it's head. Has anybody seen the cacodemon anywhere? How about the Baron? I can probably make some models here at school using Xenon, but the problem is I'm not a programmer and I don't know if I could convert the xenon files to a usable form.  I made a round shield and a broadsword once, but they both got deleted when my school account was accidentally erased. B)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: